“The first follower transforms a lone nut into a leader.” – HA, so being a lone nut isn’t such a bad thing! I’m in luck! This video is HILARIOUS…I cannot stop watching it…
Speaking of followers…I LOVE MINE!! When I started this blog, I never imagined I’d have so many followers and so quickly.
Some new followers have been sending me emails, comments and tweets asking what my blog is all about. First off, thanks for joining me on my adventure. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee or tea (I just made some blueberry pomegranate tea…it’s fab!) and make yourself comfy…
So, what is this blog about???
You can catch up on your reading by either clicking on the first month I started blogging (January 2010) on the right hand side of this blog and then scroll down or you can click on “The ‘Project'” on the tag cloud on the sidebar.
The name “6 Feet Over” – I’m 6 feet tall and I am trying to accomplish some rather big items on my bucket list before I’m 6 feet under. (By the way, I’ll be posting my full bucket list when my blog makeover is done…see below.)
I started blogging 2 hours after I got the green light for one of the biggest items on my bucket list. It’s a super secret project that I can’t completely disclose yet due to confidentiality agreements, but trust me, it’s a good one.
- I pitched my idea to Mr. Pres. He’s not the President of the USA, but he’s a President of a pretty large company. He loved the idea of the project and in January he said, “let’s get this started!”
- Another character in this story is VP. He works with Mr. Pres.
- We’ve recently added Web Dude to the mix. He’s, well, our web dude and has one of the largest roles in the national company we’re starting. So, if it all fails, it’s his fault. No, just kidding. 😉
- There will be more characters added to this journey soon. PR Girl is amazing and I cannot wait to introduce her to you all! This gal has some astounding accomplishments.
- Then there’s Big Wig Editor Man who is following this blog. Truth be told, it makes me a little nervous that he’s following because I’m fully aware that I need an editor…or a brain transplant. Maybe I could get a neurologist to follow the blog, too?
Earlier this month, I blogged about my trip to see Mr. Pres, VP and Web Dude. VP and Web Dude live in the same state (not the state I’m in). Mr. Pres and I live across the country from each other, so getting us all together in person for a meeting is a bit of a challenge. I’ll most likely be visiting Web Dude on a somewhat regular basis soon. Luckily, I don’t have to travel too far. (Hmmm, clue maybe???)
What do I blog about?
- I started this blog to hold me accountable to reaching the goal of THE PROJECT. I try to post progress reports weekly. Oh and by the way…there ARE clues here and there about the project… subtle, but they are there. 😉
- On Mondays I blog about people who are reaching their dreams and checking off items on their bucket lists. If you or someone you know has accomplished something on a bucket list then contact me and we’ll set up an interview. Let your story inspire others!
- I also blog about random things life teaches me. Mashed bananas have taught me a thing or two. I quoted my teenaged-self on this post. And here I talk about how one of the hardest times in my life changed my perspective on this horrid economy.
- I’ll be starting a blog meme called Favorite Things Friday. This is just a fun post listing some of my favorite things with links, resources and also some of my followers’ favorite things with links to their blogs.
Oh and another thing, my blog is undergoing a HUGE BLOG MAKEOVER! Yaaay! Revka is working on it and it should be revealed within the next few weeks. I snagged a domain so the web address will be changing, but I’ll give my subscribers the heads up.
Speaking of, you can subscribe to this blog by email or RSS feed. Just go to the top right of this page. You’ll only get notifications when I update the blog. I don’t spam and you shouldn’t either.
You can find me on Twitter, too.
So, here I stand…dancing to the beat of my own drum…the lone nut. Thank you for following. Thank you for encouraging me. Thank you for picking me up when I’ve thought I was crazy for dreaming so big. Thank you for making me laugh with all your comments and emails.
©2010 Melody G. Fritchley